KHS Career Information
The ASVAB is a multiple-aptitude battery that measures developed abilities and helps predict future academic and occupational success in the military. This test is taken during junior year and the testing date is arranged through a recruiter. Please see your counselor if you are interested.
The official website of the ASVAB
Career & Employment Information
KHS provides various career exploration opportunities for students. Teachers incorporate career information into lessons while also sharing various careers during our Career Share Days. Freshmen students are introduced to Career Cruising in order to assess their interests and then be matched with various career options. Guidance counselors then meet with students to discuss their career matches and create a four-year plan based on their future interests. Sophomore students will revisit Career Cruising with guidance counselors starting next school year (2013-2014). Students will focus on reassessing their career interests and further exploring their career plans.
These sites have been used as a tool for career exploration with information about occupations, educational requirements, and future professional growth.
- KHS students have accounts to access personal portfolios including career interests, detailed career information, and programs offered at colleges across the nation.
- Free resource for career, college, financial aid, and money management information.
- Information about career technical (vocational) training, and employability skills along with career opportunities.
ILLINOIS CAREER RESOURCE NETWORK & ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT SECURITY
- Information on available occupations, wages, education, training requirements, and employment outlook.
- Profiles covering hundreds of occupations describing what they do, work environment, how to apply, pay, and employment projections.