KEWANEE COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOLS
Department of Health
Regulations for the Control of Communicable Diseases
The Kewanee Community Unit Schools, in conjunction with the City Board of Health, have set up the following regulations to aid in the prevention of contagion in the schools. Communicable disease may be controlled only if there is cooperation between the home and the school.
- Whenever a child has been absent from school, even for a half day, he/she must bring a note from home Giving the Cause of Absence.
- Whenever a child has been absent from school on account of illness for 5 consecutive days, he/she must bring in addition to the note from home, a permit from the family physician or school nurse, stating that he/she may be readmitted.
- A physician’s permit must be obtained in case of any contagious disease, pneumonia, or following surgery or serious injury.
|Kewanee High School||(309)853-3328|
|Franklin Alt. School||(309)853-3052|
Immunization Requirements and Health/Athletic Forms and Info
Pre-K, Kindergarten, 6th & 9th grade require a physical exam.
Kindergarten, 2nd grade and 6th grade students require a dental exam.
Kindergarten requires an eye exam.
All Students entering District for the 1st time require a Physical, Dental and Eye exam.
All students entering 6th through 12th grades require proof of one dose of Tdap vaccine.
- 2018-2019 Annual Health Information Update Form (e-form & PDF)
- IESA/IHSA Pre-participation Examination Form (Sports Physical) (PDF)
- Parental Consent for Participation in Athletics (e-form & PDF)
- Immunization/Physical Requirements
- Immunization/Physical Form (PDF)
- 2018-2019 OSF Influenza Information Letter
- 2018 OSF Screening & Consent for Influenza Vaccine (e-form & PDF)
- 2018 OSF Screening & Consent for Influenza Vaccine - Spanish (PDF)
- Student Health Data - 2017-2018 Immunization Results
- Medication Self Administration - 2018-2019 Policy/Agreement Form (e-form & PDF)
- Request for the Administration of Medicine or Treatment Form (PDF)
- 2017-2018 Student Accident Coverage Claim Forms (PDF)
- Student Accident Form A - Notice of Injury from School (To be completed by school staff)
- Student Accident Form B - Statement from Parent or Guardian (To be completed by Parent/Guardian)
- Student Accident Form C - Attending Dentist Statement (To be completed and signed by Dentist)
*All New Students registering in the Kewanee School District must have a birth certificate or other reliable proof of ID and birth date including a passport, visa or other government document on file in the school within 10 days of the child's entering the district.