August 1, 2022 Updated Covid-19 Information
IDPH Covid-19 Resource Links:
(Decision Tree for Symptomatic Individuals in Pre-K, K-12 Schools and Day Care Programs-2/22
KEWANEE COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOLS
Department of Health
Regulations for the Control of Communicable Diseases
The Kewanee Community Unit Schools, in conjunction with the City Board of Health, have set up the following regulations to aid in the prevention of contagion in the schools. Communicable disease may be controlled only if there is cooperation between the home and the school.
- Whenever a child has been absent from school, even for a half day, he/she must bring a note from home Giving the Cause of Absence.
- Whenever a child has been absent from school on account of illness for 5 consecutive days, he/she must bring in addition to the note from home, a permit from the family physician or school nurse, stating that he/she may be readmitted.
- A physician’s permit must be obtained in case of any contagious disease, pneumonia, or following surgery or serious injury.
|Kewanee High School||(309)853-3328|
|neponset grade school||(309)594-2306|
|kewanee administration office||(309)853-3341|
*Immunization Requirements and Health/Athletic Forms and Info
- Letter to Parents of Incoming Kindergartens
- Carta a los padres de niños que ingresan al jardín de infantes
- Letter to Parents of Students entering Irving School
- Letter to Parents of Incoming 6th Graders
- Letter to Parents of Incoming 9th Graders
- Letter to Parents of Incoming 12th Graders
- Consent for Covid-19 Diagnostic Testing Form - English (PDF Form)
- Consent for Covid-19 Diagnostic Testing Form-Spanish (PDF Form)
- Dental Requirements (incoming Kindergarten, 2nd Grade, 6th Grade and 9th Graders)
Dental Form (PDF)
- Eye Exam Requirements
- Requisitos de los ojos
- Eye Exam Form (PDF)
- Concussion Information & Consent Form (e-form & PDF)
- IESA/IHSA Pre-participation Examination Form (Sports Physical) (PDF)
- OSF Healthcare Flu Immunization Guide, Clinic Schedule and Consent Form (English)
- OSF Healthcare Flu Immunization Guide, Clinic Schedule and Consent Form (Spanish)
- OSF Healthcare Flu Immunization Online Consent Form (English)
- OSF Healthcare Flu Immunization Online Consent Form (Spanish)
- Medication Administration Policy
- Medication Administration Policy (Spanish)
- Request for the Administration of Medicine or Treatment Form (PDF)
*All New Students registering in the Kewanee School District must have a birth certificate or other reliable proof of ID and birth date including a passport, visa or other government document on file in the school within 10 days of the child's entering the district.