Kewanee Community Unit District #229
1001 N. Main Street
Kewanee, IL 61443
Phone: (309) 853-3341
Fax: (309) 852-5504
District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Kewanee Community Schools is to prepare our students to meet the demands of life by enabling all students to achieve their full potential, become life-long learners, to develop decision-making and work place skills, to become capable of adapting to an ever-changing world, and to become innovative, logical, and organized thinkers.
District Vision Statement:
Kewanee Community Schools will become a leader in the discovery and development of the potential of every individual that we have a responsibility for in a community of diverse needs and talents. We will be the standard by which other schools and districts measure their performance. Our hallmark will be the innovation, initiative and teamwork of our people and our ability to anticipate and effectively respond to change and create opportunity.
Kewanee School District Philosophy:
The School District, in an active partnership with parents and community, will promote excellence in a caring environment in which all students learn and grow. This partnership shall empower all students to develop a strong self-esteem and to become responsible learners and decision makers. The School District is committed to developing and using a visionary and innovative curriculum and a knowledgeable and dedicated staff.
1. We believe that our primary responsibility is to promote learning for all students through teaching that addresses the variety of student needs.
2. We believe that we create the conditions that will enhance an individual's positive self-image.
3. We believe that decisions should be based on best knowledge.
4. We believe that by creating a positive, trusting atmosphere the performance of all individuals in the organization will be enhanced.
5. We believe that every individual in our organization is worthwhile and deserving of respect, and should reflect through their behavior respect for themselves and others.
6. We believe that all individuals deserve concern and recognition; to be guided, challenged, and motivated in a positive setting.
7. We believe that a parental and community partnership is vital to positive education experiences.
8. We believe that all individuals can become lifelong learners.
9. We believe that all individuals have a right to work and learn within a safe and caring environment.
10. We believe that all students can learn given sufficient time, appropriate support, and relevant, diverse educational experiences.
11. We believe that quality work is a necessity and that it involves being open minded, willing to risk, change and grow.
12. We believe that students should know what they are to learn, be guided on how they are to learn it, and understand its application for their lives.
13. We believe that all individuals can learn to make responsible choices.