KEWANEE HIGH SCHOOL
1101 East Third Street
FAX (309) 854-0210
February 1, 2018
To: Eighth Grade Parents/Guardians and students
From: James Bryan, Principal
Parents/Guardians and their eighth grade students are cordially invited to attend our orientation program for next year’s incoming freshmen. The program will be in the Petersen Auditorium at Kewanee High School on Thursday, March 1st at 7:00 PM. This program will help you and your child prepare for his/her high school education.
- Necessary paperwork will be distributed to students.
- Course offerings will be presented by members of the staff. This will assist you and your son/daughter in deciding what subjects should be taken. Your son/daughter’s schedule paperwork will need to be turned in to their school office no later than Monday, March 12th. Mrs. Vail-Frakes will be meeting with your students to enter their schedules later that week and the week of March 19, 2018, at their respective schools.
- Requirements for graduation from high school will be discussed.
- School personnel will be available to advise and answer questions.
- Extra-curricular activity programs will be explained. Your son or daughter is encouraged to be in as many of the activities as possible.
- The building will be open for tours. Please feel free to familiarize yourself with our fine facilities.
The Illinois State deadline for Physicals and Immunizations is October 15, 2018. It is strongly recommended that these are completed prior to starting school in August, 2018. If the exam and/or immunizations are not completed prior to school starting, we are requesting that you provide the school with an appointment date, health care provider, etc. in order for you child to be admitted to school. Appointments become more difficult to obtain as the school year begins, so please make your appointments now! (Please Note: School Physicals can be used for the Sports Physical requirements. However, Sports Physicals cannot be used for Freshman Physicals.)
This meeting is important for every parent and student. Please try to be present.
If you are unable to attend this orientation program, or if you have questions concerning freshmen scheduling that have not been answered previously, please feel free to call
Note: This letter should not be taken as automatic promotion to ninth grade. Eighth grade students must meet promotion standards.